Wednesday 23 January 2008

Acer Ferrari 3400LMI notebook Mobile

ACER Ferrari 3400LMI notebook Mobile Athlon 64 AMD3000+ 15.0" SXGA+ 512MB DDR333 80GB 4200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility RADEON 9700

almost trouble-free
After two and a half years, I'm still satisfied. Of course while it was brand new, it was really something to show off.

I did have a significant issue a little after the two year mark, as the hard drive began to show signs of failure. Once I determined that Toshiba would replace it under warranty, I bought a larger and faster Toshiba drive. When the warranty replacement drive arrived (the exact original model) I put it into an external accessory case.

It was a little annoying to have to take it halfway apart in order to upgrade the RAM, but I found good instructions online, and it turned out not to be a difficult process.

The photo currently on Amazon makes the red mouse appear wireless - it is not.
acer notebook

A little bit of problems, but all resolved
My ferrari only had problems because I live at a high altitude. (10,000 ft). I had to send it back 4 times because it kept shutting down. They paid for shipping both ways, and I always had it back within a week. The customer service was awesome after the first time. They don't communicate much, but if you call them, they have your issue logged, and will help you. Once they figured out the problem, they put in a better cooling system, and it's been flawless since. I love it. The last two times I sent it back was because the DVD/CD drive was a little loose. A little nudge, and it recognized it immediately. I'm sure if we would have figured it out, there would have been only two send backs. All in all, I'm extremely happy with it. Not sure if I use it to the extreme like some reviewers do that have posted bad experiences, but it does what I need it to do. It still runs hot, but doesn't shut down. I'm a husker fan.. who can't beat red, and the awesome comments taking it out for airport security. They love my Ferrari!

Technorati tag: , , , .

No comments:

Post a Comment