Saturday 31 January 2009

Cheap HP Pavilion dv6365us 15.4" Entertainment Laptop


HP Pavilion dv6365us 15.4" Entertainment Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5600, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, SuperMulti DVD Drive, Vista Premium)
The HP Pavilion dv6365us is a notebook computer that focuses on entertainment and creative expression. The 15.4" widescreen high-definition display is perfect for accurately displaying motion pictures, as well as giving you a broad workspace for easy multi-tasking of creative programs. Creative programs like those dealing with movie creation, which is enhanced with the included LightScribe SuperMutli drive. It lets you burn data DVDs as well as movies, to a wide range of blank media formats, and using LightScribe technology, you are able to directly laser-etch your labels for a professional look to your final project. All of this and more is housed inside a sophisticated exterior that features a high-gloss, long-lasting, piano black finish, which compliments the elegant curvilinear design. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (it shares memory with the main system) 160GB 5400RPM SATA HDD Built-in WebCam and Microphone LightScribe 8x SuperMulti Drive with Double Layer support 15.4 Widescreen High-Definition LCD Native Resolution - 1280x800 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi Wireless LAN Support 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader - supports SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture Cards 56k Fax Modem Altec Lansing Audio 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34) Ports - 10/100 Ethernet, 1 Firewire, 3 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video Out, 2 Headphone (1 with SPDIF Digital Audio), 1 Microphone In Unit Dimensions - 14.05 (l) x 10.12 (w) x 1.69 (h) Unit Weight - 6.14 lbs.

Customer Review: love this hp

I bought this laptop for my last two years of college (after having this laptop I am suprised I lasted the for first degree without it). The 2GB of RAM is awesome for Vista (friends of mine made the mistake of purchasing laptops with only 1GB of RAM and found that Vista does not run well with only 1GB, Vista really needs the 2GB of RAM to work right). Screen clarity is great. The battery lasts for about three hours if you do not change any settings to extend battery life; the power saving settings are available, but I don't need to use it for more than three hours at a time so I never made the changes. Using the Windows Easy Transfer was easy after I set up a wireless connection (using a Wireless G Broadband Router with my desktop still at the main computer desk), I didn't even have to physically connect the computers in order to transfer my files (this part took awhile, but I had a lot of stuff on my desktop to copy over to the laptop, honestly I am suprised it didn't take longer). I like that you can control the volume with the touch of a finger just above the keyboard (also from here you can stop, play, pause, mute, etc). The CD Burner is a lot faster than my desktop ever was.
Mainly I use this for class. I haven't had any problems with the keyboard or the fingerpad at all. I can sit in the classroom and get feed from my professors that helps with the classes. I haven't had any overheating problems. It seems like no matter what device I buy works with this laptop. I had trouble with that with my desktop. The laptop isn't picky about which usb I insert stuff into (on my desk top it always made me use a certain one first and only for certain things). I've connected my mp3 player to it, removable storage, and a video camera.
What's even nicer is the HP Total Care Advisor. It comes up first thing when you turn the computer on. For people like me who aren't perfectly tech savvy this is nice, because it's basically the "Complete Dummies Guide to What Exactly is Going On With Your Computer." It tells you how strong your internet connection is (with the router it's perfect), security, back ups, printer, updates (the pop-ups I find to be particularly annoying, this is much nicer and it explains whether you really need it or not), pc health, and your battery.
This laptop is versatile. That is one thing that drove me bonkers when shopping for a laptop; several of the laptops in my price range did not function well in "extreme conditions". As it turns out "extreme conditions" was a loose translation of "anywhere that wasn't your desk and the laptop couldn't be moved at all." What is the point of getting something portable if it really isn't? This hp works great and I have yet to use it at my desk. I've used it everywhere else though: while bouncing around to some music when doing homework, scrolling through stuff going up stairs and holding the computer at odd angles, on the top of a scattered pile of books and notes, and my insane list could go on.
The speed is great. I haven't used the DVD burner or the webcam yet. It does way more stuff than I will ever actually need it to do, but it's great that it's there. Mostly I love that it was more affordable and does all the stuff I need it to with out me having to worry if it's going to be tempermental or take forever to do small tasks. It's perfect for people like me who are students on a budget.
P.S. This laptop also has survived my eight year old with flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment