Saturday 30 August 2008

HP NC2400 12.1 Inch Laptop, Intel Core Duo U2500 1.20 GHz, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive


HP NC2400 12.1 Inch Laptop, Intel Core Duo U2500 1.20 GHz, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP Professional
HP Compaq nc2400 Business Notebook PC is compact, lightweight and with all the flexibility you could ever need. Business computing just doesn't get any more mobile than this.

Customer Review: Quite Nice, but a wee bit small

I bought this machine after extensively using a machine that was a 17-inch and weighed nearly 9 pounds. The dimensions and weight of this machine delighted me immediately, and the high resolution for such a small screen justified my purchase.
When I received the machine, I was somewhat dismayed that my hands (though slightly larger than average) were quite nearly too large for this machine, and fell off the edges ever so slightly. This only took a few days to get adjusted to, and for the most part, I am satisfied with both the performance and form factor of the machine. It is nearly textbook small and at 3 pounds, almost laughably light. But laugh only in the spirit of freedom from lugging around giant notebooks.
My only issue with the notebook is that it is too small to use as a desktop replacement on a regular basis. I consult 1-2 days a week off-site with this laptop, and when connecting external displays and mice, the drastic difference in text size between this screen and other screens can be a little disorienting.
Overall, I am pleased with the performance and the size, and only mildly turned off by the very small nature. Someone of my hand size and someone who does much consulting should get at least a 14.1 form factor laptop. This is perfect for the road warrior who spends a lot of time on his/her lap, and this works perfect for me on my couch, but a little larger is needed for long-term, all-day usage.


HP Laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment