Friday 20 June 2008

HP Pavilion TX1420US

HP Pavilion TX1420US 12.1" Laptop (AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TL-66, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium) Black Wave

Greal laptop, but some tiny things could be better...
Just got mine about 5 hours ago and love the look and feel of the machine... Vista is just horrible but that can be fixed with a downgrade. My one 'problem' with the design is the battery which kinda sticks out the back making the laptop difficult to handle other than from the front and sides.

One more small detail that bugs me is that the spring loaded slot for the stylus broke almost instantly and now it is very difficult to remove and re-enter... I dunno I guess it's no big loss but it still bothers me that something broke right away.

Overall a great little machine though, I'll update once I've installed some games and programs on it.

Update (5 days after arrival):
I ended up setting it up as a dual-boot machine with both XP and Vista and I have to say I'm VERY happy with the results, XP runs much smoother and faster but Vista still has some options I like so it's the best of both worlds. Vista runs autocad and solid works very smoothly and the games I've tried so far have all worked great at mid to max settings.

After reading some of the other comments about this laptop I have to say the screen is not that blurry (I don't notice anyways)... of course the texture is different because it IS a touch screen after all. Seriously this laptop runs cool and silent compared to all other laptops I've owned and even after being on all day... I wouldn't use it in bed or anything since the bottom vents need to be clear but who uses a laptop in bed that much anyways?


Tags : HP Laptop , Laptop , HP Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment