Monday 24 March 2008

Sony VAIO VGN-SZ660N/C 13.3" Laptop

Sony VAIO VGN-SZ660N/C 13.3" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, Vista Business)
Sleekly designed, lightweight notebook with 13.3-inch screen (with Webcam), 4-pound black carbon fiber case
2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor, ReadyDrive hybrid hard drive system (160 GB HDD with 256 MB flash RAM), 2 GB RAM (4 GB max), dual-layer DVD drive
Connectivity: 2 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, multi-format memory card reader
Hybrid Graphics System lets toggle between NVidia GeForce Go 8400M (up to 831 MB shared) and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (358 MB shared)
Pre-installed with Windows Vista Business; ready for Sprint Broadband WWAN service (subscription required)
Sony Laptops

I do not rate 5 stars 'cause the price
I'm very satisfied with the SZ670. During the last 3 years I've been working with a Sony Vaio FX series and never had problems with that. The "problem" with Vaio's, as previous commented, is the quantity of foolish softwares pre-installed. I rated it with 4 stars 'cause:

1st) Pre-installed foolish softwares will take only 30 minutes from you to snatch that out being a reversible problem.
2nd) The battery impressed me taking 3 to 4 hours to finish off depending on the application and brightess configuration).
3rd) In comparison with my FX I noticed 40% less weight.
4th) The Video Card is not a GeForce 8500 GT 512 Mbps, but to deal with 13.3' laptops is the better one that I've been reaching.
5th) The Xbrite LCD screen is outstanding for business purposes and even for videos, movies and so on. I noticed an improvement regarding the reflection in comparison with the FX as well. It was normal the LCD reflects the lights behind it disturbing my vision, and now this problem was reduced and almost fixed.
6th) The T7700 processor responds well to Windows Vista with no lags.
7th) Some advice: use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. I've experienced some troubles with IE 7.0 running on Vista like freezes and suddenly ends since I installed Vista.
8th) I did not try the downgrade for XP.

Tags : Sony Laptop , Laptop , Notebook , Sony VAIO

No comments:

Post a Comment